Monday, August 29, 2011

About Me...


My name is Carla and I am 32 years old. I have the best family and wanted to share our story with you. I have been married to my husband David for four years July 21st. We now have two children, Everett who is 2 ½ and Elsa who is 10 months. Three years ago we moved to Glendale, CA from San Diego for David to go to law school. We love being close to family but also being able to have our own adventures.

Last year we began another adventure. In January of 2009 I found a spot under my tongue. We didn’t have insurance so my parents paid for me to have it biopsied. I was told it was pre-cancerous and that it would need to be removed as soon as possible. Since we didn’t have insurance, we had to get government help. Before we knew about my tongue, we also found out that we were pregnant. We didn’t know what pre-cancer meant for our baby, but since we had just miscarried in November we were willing to continue with the pregnancy. By May we were able to get insurance and quickly got things moving. Before my doctors wanted to remove the spot, they re-biopsied it to see where it was at. It had changed to cancer and they also found a growth in my lymph nodes in my neck. On May 18th I went into surgery 5 months pregnant.

______________________________________________________________

Read more: http://carlasfund.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow cancer patient, I can see why people think it is inspirational to read about someone's journey through cancer. As I look at your bald head and think of my own bald head I realize I am not the only one dealing with this disease. Thank you for sharing your story. Hope things continue to go well for you. --- Emily (friend of Tammy Green, your sister in law I believe)

    ReplyDelete